Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday Treasure Hunting PART 2





CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO ENLARGE.

After enjoying a wonderful lunch at the European Cafe' & Bakery my hubby suggested we stop at one of my favorite thrift stores. HMMMM.... of course I said yes before he could finish his sentence!!! We had spent almost all the cash we had at lunch. I thought they took credit cards and we only had $4.00 and change between us. At first all I found was the cute clay pottery floral/pink trimmed bowl. I don't recognize the signature on the bottom. But, it's a heavy little piece and in perfect condition. I don't know if you can see the tag, but it was 75 cents!

As we were leaving I spied a pair of lamps.... Very heavy and spa/tropical looking. They were $4.00 each and I saw the name on them "Pacific Coast". No clue about the brand. I took them up to pay the $8.00 and was told that there is a $10.00 minimum on credit card purchases. Quickly, I rushed back to the shelf that the lamps were on and added the aqua blue wooden nautilus ($1.00) it had the $12.99 Beall's OUTLET price on the bottom, and the lovely little set of wooden chinese bookmarks in the little red case ($1.25). My total on that thrift store trip was $10.25.

Back to the lamps! I looked them up online when I got home. I found 2 similar styles by "Pacific Coast" retailing $250 to $298 each! That added to the fun!!!

6 comments:

  1. Those lamps are freaky amazing! I'm feeling extremely covetous now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lamps are SERIOUSLY cool! I loveeee them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a steal on those lamps and I love the pink bowl. You did great. I'm off to read some more of your blog, please stop by and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find on those two lamps!! What a rush!! First time stopping by...love your little princess in the popcorn bowl!! Monkey is a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day for you! Lunch out with your hubby and super finds at your favorite thrift store! I like the lamps...isn't it fun to find such treasures?

    ReplyDelete