Friday, August 21, 2009

2nd Vintage Jewelry Box REDO































Click on photo to ENLARGE.

BEFORE , DURING and AFTER. My 2nd attempt at re-doing a vintage jewelry box. I paid $2.00 for this at a thrift store. The little heart drawer pulls reminded me of Brighton and there is a heart in the center of the tall door. I did not care for the white flowers on the glass doors. I don't like the combo of the hearts and those flowers.

I removed all the hardware and doors and taped off the mirror. I sprayed the hardware and the jewelry box with Kilz. I spray painted all the hardware in Antique Bronze. Spray painted the box with Krylon outdoor spray paint in Aqua. All the fabric is high end from fabric sample books that I paid $1.00 for (entire book). Some of the fabrics are: Kravets Chasing Circles in "spa" and Kima in "glacier". The glass was covered with paisley patterned paper inside a scrapbook clear page. The patterned paper is from the fabric sample books! Is is interchangeable by easily removing the glass from the inside. The "C" monogram is a metal scrapbook letter spray painted in the bronze like the hardware. That is a dead giveaway as to who I made the box for! Hint: she can fill it with PANDORA.

2 comments:

  1. Princess is pulling on a string. I love that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Looks so much better. Oh and the fabric sample book ..wow..I am envious!

    PS My post is on my Spindle Cottage blog

    ReplyDelete