Saturday, October 10, 2009

AFTER: Coach Purse REDO


Here's the AFTER!!!  I'm on a COUNTRY kick in my apparel right now and this little bag will fit right in.  I used silk home decor fabric for the top of the bag.  It was FREE from one of my decorating sample books.  The trim is upholstery trim that I bought at a yard sale.  The huge roll was $2.50.  The plaid "suit" fabric is just that - SUIT FABRIC.  I cut up a suit jacket that I paid $1.00 for at a thrift store.  I knew my daydream of fitting into a size 6 was delusional, so I can still have it in my purse wardrobe!  I cut out the back portion of the plaid and matched up the darts from the back of the suit to look like it was sewn for the purse that way.  the floral trim around the bottom was a SPLURGE.  It was $17.99 a yard!  I used a 40% off coupon from JoANN's which eased the pain somewhat.  I'm sooooooooooo excited about my new bag!

10 comments:

  1. Creative and pretty!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is pretty! I have a Coach purse that burned from a candle in a restaurant. It's one of my faves so I kept it even if I am not using it. You just gave me an idea. Thanks...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too. I was planning on doing something similar to a purse but just ran out of time before we left town.
    I have a knock off knock out party and I would love to have you post this. It is up tonight.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa,
    You are a girl after my own heart! I love your thrift store finds and your material cards, I have lots of material just waiting to be used for something fun like that... wonderful idea!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This caught my eye!! WOW, never ever seen anything like this before, a coach redo! It is beyond adorable! Enjoy it...Janell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Genius... watch out...Coach is gonna get wind of this and copy YOU! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you have done with this purse! I have 2 old Coach bags that I am going to "attempt" your fabulous makeover on. I just have to pick up some materials to work with. Great idea! And you are right, the Easter egg looks far better with your design than it's original.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...coach purse redo..that's gutsy! LOL It looks great though.


    If you haven't already come link up to my Room a Month Link party (Every Monday!)http://theshadesofpink.blogspot.com/2009/10/room-month-monster-dominoes.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a really cute idea!! I am going to have to keep this in mind when I come across a purse that is stained or not my style but a great bargain!

    ReplyDelete